- New Q&A with Katie of Deep Roots Farm up on the WhatsGood Blog: Read more HERE
- “At the end of the day, I farm because when I die I want to know that I made the world a better place while I was here.”
- Leafy Green Tea is opening their first retail location this fall on Thayer Street in Providence, called Ceremony. The menu will include a carefully developed selection of handcrafted Chinese-inspired pastries that are true to their authenticity with a modern twist, as well as mocktail menu that will offer something that is curious and delicious.
- Edgewood Cheese Shop
- Join Adrienne and her husband, owners of Edgewood, on Wednesday October 2nd at Foolproof Brewing for a Beer & Cheese Pairing! Sit, relax and savor five cheeses perfectly paired with five Foolproof brews. These pairings have sold out in the past so grab some friends and don’t delay.
- 241 Grotto Ave., Pawtucket). Tickets available here.
- Granny Squibb Company
- On October 29th, there will be a Granny Squibb Guest Bartender Bar Takeover at Sarto, in Providence!
New this month:
- Test your knowledge: How many types of winter squash can you name? Visit the quiz HERE !
- Wild Harmony Farm & Deep Roots have turkeys! Reserve your local Thanksgiving centerpiece on WhatsGood this month. Turkey used to be a vessel for dressing and gravy, but this flavorful moist treat will have you going back for seconds all on its own. They go fast, don’t delay… you’ll risk missing the best ducking turkey ever! #autocorrect
- 19 Books on Food Tank’s Fall Book List to Reconnect with the Food System: Article Link
For the Kids:
- Download this coloring sheet from Nallie Pastures for your little ones! Nallie Pastures is a WhatsGood Boston vendor and produces sustainable, non-GMO, pasture-raised chickens and eggs, in Dracut, Massachusetts.
With each order you place on WhatsGood, you’re helping us make a difference in our local food economy by ordering directly from local farmers and food artisans. Let’s work together to create a self-sustaining community and less reliant on the big food industry.
Thank you on behalf of the WhatsGood team and vendors.
WhatsLocal. WhatsRight. WhatsGood.